Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Healthy Fitness Recipes: Blow your MIND Tomato Basil Pasta! - No Straining, just Stirring Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth, Olive Oil, and Seasonings (details below) Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked Pasta, and cook! - Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles. The other ingredients cook right along with the pasta
- 12 ounces pasta (I used Linguine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (I used zesty red pepper flavor)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 large basil sprigs, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
- Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
Swap out the veggie broth and used chicken broth- sprinkle with parmesean! Great quick meal for busy lifestyle