1/3 Photos of One Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice
1 hr 10 mins
French Tart's Note:
This is the perfect recipe for any family mid-week supper, as well as for a weekend gathering with friends and a bottle of red wine! Especially as whilst the dish is cooking, you can sit down and enjoy the company of your friends, and family. Any leftovers can be reheated the next day and UI have also frozen this too, with great results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 skinned and boneless chicken thighs
- 150 g spicy chorizo sausage, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and roughly diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 200 g long-grain white rice, rinsed under cold water
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot or pan over a medium heat and then add the chicken pieces and brown for 2 to 3 minutes, before adding the chorizo sausage and sautéing for a further 2 minutes.
- 2Add the onions, garlic and red pepper, and sauté for a few minutes until the chorizo sausage releases red oil and the vegetables have softened slightly.
- 3Add the rice and mix thoroughly and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to coat it all in oil.
- 4Add the stock and smoked paprika, and place a lid on the pot/pan. Simmer over a very low heat, with the lid on, for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and tender and the rice is soft and has absorbed all the liquid.
- 5Adjust the seasoning and gently fluff up the rice and mix all the vegetables and chicken through, before adding the olives and the chopped thyme.
- 6Serve immediately, setting the pot/pan on the table, with crusty bread and salad if liked.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.4
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 194.3 mg
- Sodium 807.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 49.2 g