Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This looks like it could satisfy a lasagne craving at the drop of a hat. I'm going to try baking it, just to see what happens, and will report back then.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs Italian turkey sausage links (mild or hot, but should be the uncooked kind)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped (about 1/2 lb.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces dried lasagna noodles
- 2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley
- Remove and discard sausage casings.
- In a 4- to 5-quart nonstick pan over high heat, combine sausages, onion, and garlic. With a spoon, break meat into small pieces and stir often until mixture is browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break the lasagna into 2- to 3-inch pieces.
- To pan, add broth, 2 cups water, tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and lasagna. Boil, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle into wide bowls and sprinkle with cheese and parsley.