Cajun Chicken Wings
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- Remove wing tips and excess skin and fat from wings, place in large bowl.
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat, cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or till softened. Stir in chili sauce, honey, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, horseradish, liquid smoke (if using), cayenne, cloves and chili powder. Cook for 5 minutes or till bubbly. Let cool.
- Pour sauce over wings, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in fridge 12 - 24 hours.
- Reserving sauce in a small saucepan, arrange wings in shallow foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring sauce to boil, boil for 1 minute, reserve 3/4 cup for dipping. Brush half of the remaining sauce over wings, continue baking, brushing with remaining sauce halfway through, for another 15 minutes or till no longer pink inside.
- Broil the wings 6 inches from heat for about 4 minutes or till dark golden.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!