Cashew, Shrimp and Pea Salad
This salad is a summertime favorite of mine. No cooking to heat up the kitchen and it is a meal all by itself. Originally from Sunset Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashew nuts, roasted
- 4 cups peas, frozen petite size (thawed and drained)
- 1 cup green onion, thin slice including tops
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3⁄4 lb cooked shrimp
- Dressing: Mix first four ingredients and set aside.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of cashews for garnish.
- Combine the remaining cashews, peas, green onions, celery and shrimp.
- Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle reserved cashews over top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION