This is a lovely, tasty shrimp. I serve it with a side of rice and a green vegetable.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup cashews
- Heat oil in lg skillet; add shrimp, green onions, and red pepper.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add peas, broth, salt and ginger.
- Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce and cornstarch; Stir in to shrimp and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cashews.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The dinner I served tonight was very worthy of any five star restaurant. I jazzed the recipe up a bit to suit our taste. I began 1> by heating up the peanut oil & 2 tsp sesame seed oil to which I sauteed 10 dried red chili peppers until brown. 2> To the chilies I added 1/3 cup green onion & 1/2 tsp minced garlic and allowed to cook 30 seconds. 3> Then I added 1/2 cup chopped onion and the red bell pepper. 4> After sauteing the onion and bell pepper, I removed the 10 chili peppers. 5> Added the shrimp and cooked till almost done. then continue with step 2-6. 6> However, when adding the peas, broth and salt, I also added 2 TBS freshly grated ginger. The only other addition I made was to add 1 TBS red wine vinegar to the sauce. Our meal was spectacular!! This dish is loaded with flavors, color and even a little heat, but just enough to grab your attention : ) Thanks to you, MizzNezz, Dan and I enjoyed another awesome meal!!Reply
see 6 more