Recipe by Impera_Magna
Posted in response to a request; obtained in an online search. Sounds so delicious that I'm going to have to try it SOON! The OLIVE GARDEN menu describes the dish as: Tuscan Garlic Chicken is a flavorful blend of herb-seasoned chicken breasts sautéed with oven-roasted garlic, sweet roasted red peppers and spinach, served in a white wine and garlic cream sauce and tossed with curly fettuccine. (Prep & cooking times are guess-timates!)
Top Review by Jeremiah Comer
Two things the recipe is missing that Olive Garden doesn't tell you to put in it are roasted whole garlic cloves and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. These with both add a couple more layers of flavor and make it that much more enjoyable.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 fluid ounces vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper, julienne cut
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lb whole spinach leaves, stemmed
- 12 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preparing the chicken: Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, black pepper and Italian herb seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Saute the chicken in batches, in a large, nonstick, ovenproof skillet -- with enough oil to coat -- over medium-high heat for about two to three minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crisp.
- When finished, transfer the skillet to a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Preparing the pasta: Cook pasta al dente (or according to package instructions).
- Drain and set aside until needed.
- Preparing the sauce: While the pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 to 1 fluid ounce of oil in a sauce pan. Add the garlic and the red pepper and cook for approximately one minute.
- Slowly add remaining one tablespoon of flour and stir to combine.
- Next, add the white wine and bring to a boil for about one minute. Add the spinach and the cream and bring to a boil. The sauce is done cooking when the spinach becomes wilted. Complete by stirring in the parmesan cheese.
- Preparing Tuscan Garlic Chicken entree: Partly coat the pasta with the sauce, transfer to a large bowl (or individual dishes) and then top with the chicken, the remaining sauce and the extra parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy.