Recipe by memyselfand
Great for people who enjoy Olive Gardens soup without the carbs.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
We really enjoyed this even though I left out the cauliflower and used half & half for the heavy cream. I probably used more kale too as I didn't want to waste any and we love it. I used chicken broth instead of the water and bouillon as a personal preference. Very good and one we really enjoyed and will make again. Thanks for sharing. Made for the "Love Train" 2011
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (sugar free)
- 1 lb sausage (Jimmy Dean spicy works nice)
- 2 quarts water
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups kale
- 3 -4 cups cauliflower (cut up in small pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a medium/large size skillet; drain fat, put on plate and let cool.
- In the same skillet cook the sausage and set aside ( I put it on the back burner).
- In a large soup/stew pan put cook onions until tender and clear.
- Add in garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add water and chicken boullion cubes.
- Start to tear the bacon into bite size pieces and add to the pot.
- Add sausage.
- Add cauliflower.
- Cook for 15 minutes (until cauliflower is soft).
- Add heavy cream.
- Add kale (I tear mine into bite size pieces).
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.