found online; posting for ZWT6 (Great Britian/Scotland)
Make and share this Old Fashioned Raspberry Buns (Scottish) recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 425 degrees F
- Grease and flour baking sheets.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the margarine.
- Add the sugar and the beaten egg with enough milk to make a fairly stiff consistency (may not need all the milk).
- Divide the mixture into about walnut-size balls and place on baking sheet, allowing space for them to spread slightly during cooking.
- Make a small hole in the center of each ball and spoon in a little rasberry jam.
- Pinch the edges together again.
- Dust lightly with caster sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350degrees F and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- The buns should be light golden in color.
- Cool on a wire rack.