1/3 Photos of Old Fashioned Raspberry Buns (Scottish)
found online; posting for ZWT6 (Great Britian/Scotland)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees F
- 2Grease and flour baking sheets.
- 3Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the margarine.
- 4Add the sugar and the beaten egg with enough milk to make a fairly stiff consistency (may not need all the milk).
- 5Divide the mixture into about walnut-size balls and place on baking sheet, allowing space for them to spread slightly during cooking.
- 6Make a small hole in the center of each ball and spoon in a little rasberry jam.
- 7Pinch the edges together again.
- 8Dust lightly with caster sugar.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350degrees F and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- 10The buns should be light golden in color.
- 11Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Raspberry Buns (Scottish)
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.0
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 1018.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g