Recipe by HokiesMom
I found this on the Domino Sugar brand website. Boy what a great muffin recipe. I looked on this site and most did not use this amount of peanut butter. I think you could exchange the creamy peanut butter for crunchy but I end up using chopped roasted peanuts too so that is accounted for in this recipe. If you want to skip that step then just use crunchy peanut butter. They suggested a glaze of chocolate icing but I find that is too sweet and we like these as more of a snack and not a dessert. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by lazyme
As the title says.....Oh so Yummy! These were a hit at my house in a couple of ways. First off, I'm not a baker. But I managed to bake something that was so yummylicious that I've been grinning from ear to ear from all of the compliments, lol. Secondly, my grandson and 4 of his friends wiped out my stash today! All you could hear was 'awesome' from everyone! Thanks HokiesLady for a great recipe that everyone loved AND made me look good! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease 12 large muffin cups (16 medium size) or line with paper baking cups; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugar. Add eggs. Then gradually add milk and combine well.
- Add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture and mix with a spoon until dry ingredients are moistened. Add chopped peanuts and chocolate chips and mix with a spoon. Mixture will be stiff. If you find it too stiff then add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to the batter. It is not to be runny though.
- Spoon batter into each muffin cup, filling cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove; cool completely.