1/1 Photo of Oatmeal, Apple & Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
As someone who's always on the go, I never have time to sit down and eat breakfast. These cookies are my lifesaver. I make them on a Sunday night and pop a few in my bag, car's glove compartment and in my office drawers and snack on them all week long. *You can also substitute other fruits to suit your palate. #allthegoodnesswithnoneoftheguilt
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 ml cake flour, sifted
- 500 ml oats
- 500 ml muesli or 500 ml granola cereal or 500 ml coconut
- 350 ml brown sugar
- 275 ml butter or 275 ml margarine
- 250 ml dried cranberries or 250 ml raisins
- 30 ml golden syrup or 30 ml maple syrup or 30 ml honey
- 2 big apples or 2 big pears, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- 5 ml bicarbonate of soda, dissolved in a little milk
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 2 ml cinnamon
- 3 ml salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Spray a few baking sheets with nonstick spray or smear with butter lightly.
- 3Mix the dry ingredients together: Sift the cake flour, salt and cinnamon and then stir in the oats, muesli and cranberries.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Beat the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 6Add the egg, then add the golden syrup and vanilla and blend well.
- 7Add the remaining wet ingredients: grated apple, bicarbonate of soda (dissolved in milk) and mix with the dry.
- 8Mix well and knead the dough throughly.
- 9Shape into small palm sized balls and place on the pre-greased baking sheets.
- 10Flatten with a fork to create a pattern on the top and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Allow a few minutes for the cookies to cool on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to rest.
- 12Store in airtight containers.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal, Apple & Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2033 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g