Coffee & Cranberry Breakfast Biscotti
photo by Katzen
- Ready In:
- Heat the oven to 325 F and lightly grease and flour a large baking sheet.
- Stir the eggs, instant coffee and vanilla in a small bowl until well blended, set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into 2 logs, each 14 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide and 1 inch thick.
- Place the logs 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set the baking sheet on a wire rack to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the logs and place on a cutting board.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagnolly into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place the slices upright and 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly dry.
- Remove the biscotti from the baking sheet.
- Cool completely on the wire rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>