Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
similar to Anzac biscuits (cookies)
- 150 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Melt butter, syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients.
- Mix in coconut,oats and flour until combined.
- Using a measuring spoon, roll tablespoonsful into balls.
- Place on a greased oven tray allowing room for spreading.
- Flatten with a spoon.
- Bake at 180C degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.
These are really great - a huge hit in our Convent: the ingredients are inexpensive and they're really easy to prepare and squeeze into the oven alongside other dishes to gain maximum energy benefits! It also helps that they're delicious. Have tried substituting honey for the syrup, and that also works quite well.
So quick and easy to make, my kids and husband love them. My friends that come around for tea always comment how good they are.
These are very interesting cookies. Nice change of pace. I only used 1/2 c. brown sugar. These are great to throw in a bag for a take-along snack, as they travel well. They would also be good with raisins or nuts added to give them even more of a health bonus. I will make these again. Thanks ~Manda