1/3 Photos of Nutty Hot Babes Gelato Sundae
A collaborative effort by the Babes in Zaarland 'Zaar World Tour team, using our very favorite Italian dessert flavors, espresso, mascarpone, cinnamon, nuts, liqueurs, and of course, chocolate. This is proof that too many cooks don't spoil the dish, as long as all those cooks have a sweet tooth for Italian desserts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 ounces Amaretto
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
For Cinnamon Mascarpone Cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
For the chocolate bowls
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) jar nutella, warmed
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1Combine milk, espresso powder, and sugar in a large saucepan.
- 2Heat just enough to dissolve the sugar and espresso powder.
- 3Remove from heat, add Amaretto and vanilla, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 4combine mascarpone, cinnamon, and enough cream to give it a whipped cream consistency, sweeten to taste; set aside.
- 5Line 6 small bowls with oiled plastic wrap, with as few wrinkles as you can manage.
- 6Melt chocolate in a double boiler, over a slow simmer.
- 7Use as low a heat as you can to avoid taking the chocolate out of temper.
- 8Pour chocolate into lined bowls, and tilt to cover all sides with a sturdy layer.
- 9Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 10When ready to serve turn chocolate out of bowl, remove plastic wrap and place on a pretty plate.
- 11Freeze gelato in ice cream maker to manufacturers instructions.
- 12Make sure it is very cold going in, so the texture will be dense and creamy.
- 13Freeze gelato until firm enough to scoop. If you have a small machine, you may need to do this in two batches.
- 14Warm nutella in a double boiler, until it has the consistency of hot fudge.
- 15To serve, place a generous scoop of gelato into a chocolate bowl, drizzle with warm nutella, top with cinnamon mascarpone cream, and sprinkle with pistachios.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Hot Babes Gelato Sundae
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 903.0
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 87.1 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: