Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of the family made this once and I loved it! You can premake it and then just put the dressing on the salad to serve!
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper and mix until the sugar and salt dissolve, then whisk in the olive oil.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the lettuce, cranberries, pecans, onion, and crumbled feta then just before serving, drizzle with the dressing!
Kudos! One of the best salads I have ever eaten. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
Yummy! another winner. Just how I like salads a little vinegar a little sweet. I didn't have dijon so I used caper vinegar mixed with yellow mustard still came out great paired with the sweet pecans I had. I tossed in some grape tomatoes and red bell pepper as well. Made for ZWT 7.
This is a lovely salad, full of wonderful flavors and healthy ingredients - very similar to the spinach salad I make at home. Love the added tang from the mustard in the dressing - DH really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting - made for CELEBRATING NATIONAL DIABETES MONTH in the Diabetic Forum, November 2010!