Nutty Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons walnuts, TOASTED finely chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce asiago cheese, shaved
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute or just until golden, stirring constantly.
- Add cracker crumbs; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a cup.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add brussels sprouts to pan; cook until a tad brown-stir frequently, add 1/4 cup of water and cook until leaves wilt and cores are crisp-tender, stirring frequently- add more water IF needed-takes about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, stir in cracker crumbs.
- Top with walnuts or recipe#463068 and cheese.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation