Brussels Sprouts Salad With Pancetta and Cranberries
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces pancetta, cut into small dice (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 lbs baby Brussels sprouts, leaves separated
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (Craisins recommended)
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 4 slices white bread, cut into cubes and made into croutons
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add a 2 count of olive oil and add the pancetta. Cook until the fat renders, 2 to 3 minutes and the pancetta is nice and crispy.
- Add the garlic, shallots, cranberries and separated brussel sprout leaves. Toss well to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the balsamic and chicken stock and continue to cook until the brussel sprouts have just wilted, 3-4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mom to 2 boys, ages 11 and 6. My youngest is a cancer survivor, so we enjoy each day given to us! You never know what can happen in your life! I have been in the loan business for over 10 years and I love it. Unfortunately, this economy has put a wrench into my awesome career. After a couple layoffs, I decided I need to do something else for awhile. I am now selling advertising, and it's different! I am thankful to have a job, so can't complain much! I love to cook. I can spend a whole Sunday in the kitchen just cooking away. I love trying new recipes (my boyfriend hates it. Lol. He likes what he likes and would be fine never trying anything new.) I never bake. I think it's because I don't measure. I am a throw-in-the-ingredients until they taste good kind of girl. I LOVE this site(actually, I am addicted to it) and am enjoying finding new things to make everyday!