Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Ready In:
For the Salad dressing
- 2 tablespoonlemons, juice , fresh
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Crispy Sage Leaves
- 20 -24 fresh sage leaves
- neutral oil, for frying
For the Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 apple, diced
- 5 ounces kale, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Mix lemon, honey, white wine vinegar, mustard and shallots in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle and whisk in olive oil until well blended. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Crispy Sage Leaves:
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Fry 6 to 8 sage leaves at a time until crisp, about 15 seconds. Transfer with a fork to paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil to a 12-inch skillet and sauté Brussels sprouts and apples until sprouts are just starting to wilt; about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to mixing bowl. Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sauté kale just until it turns bright green, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with 1/4 cup of salad dressing. Transfer to serving platter. Scatter pomegranate seeds, pecans, shaved Parmesan over salad. Top with crispy sage leaves. Serve warm with remaining dressing on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!