Wild Green Salad With Pomegranate Vinaigrette
This is a great holiday salad. It is delicious and looks beautiful served on a platter or big bowl. Pomegranate seeds are so good. I got this recipe years ago from Sunset magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate juice (or 3/4 cup pomegranate juice boiled until reduced to 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup toasted walnut halves
- 8 ounces mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together pomegranate juice concentrate, oil, orange juice, vinegar, lemon peel and salt and pepper.
- Gently mix salad greens with vinaigrette.
- Divide greens on 6 to 8 salad plates or large platter.
- Sprinkle with toasted nuts, bleu cheese and pomegranate seeds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Just served this at a girls only "re-gift" Christmas gift exchange party and it got rave reviews! Make it easy on yourselves though, use jar pomegranate juice and oj. I also tossed in candied walnuts from TJ's, and already shelled seeds. Way easier! Must reduce pomegranate juice for the dressing though! Wonderful recipe!