Recipe by Aussie-In-California
The restaurant Northwoods Inn or Clearmans serves this slaw. I normally do not like cabbage, but this salad is delish!
Top Review by MsRawVegan
This recipe is a favorite staple of mine. I have been eating it for years and have cleaned it up just a bit. It is great for those of you who are snackers and need to lose weight or want to maintain your weight. You can eat as much of this as you want. I recommend changing the sugar for fresh apple juice. You can omit the lawerys season salt (not to much healthy stuff in that item). As far as how much apple juice...just do it to taste. IT WORKS great.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, such as Lawry's
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, very thinly sliced