Red Cabbage Salad
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 14 ounces red cabbage, finely sliced
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 ounce walnuts, chopped
- Combine cabbage and onion in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard and cumin.
- Pour over cabbage mixture.
- For best flavour allow to marinate a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts.
Join The Conversation
This was delicious! We enjoyed the variety (we eat a lot of coleslaw around here!) I took the advice of another reviewer and grated an apple into it and reduced the cumin by 1/2t. as I was afraid the strong flavor would be a turnoff to my young daughter. My plan worked! The apple added sweetness without sugar. Thank you for sharing!