Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a fast and cheap Polish meal.
- 4 cups cabbage (sliced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb wide egg noodles (cooked)
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- Cook Egg Noodles in a salted pot of water.
- When Noodles are done drain and set aside.
- In skillet sauté Onions in Butter until transparent.
- Add Cabbage and sauté around 5 minutes (or until tender).
- Mix the cooked Noodles into the skillet.
- Add Salt and Pepper and (optional) Sour Cream.
- Serve and enjoy.
Classic! This is a never-fails recipe. I like that this recipe isn't too heavy on the butter, so it isn't as greasy (and unhealthy) as some recipes. The onion is a must - don't skip it. Thanx for posting!
I loved this and have also had a version of it made with homemade potato dumplings that my Polish aunt used to make for us.. When I made this before I did add some bacon so I added it again. Used packaged kluski noodles and did chop more cabbage, my fav. Didnt top with the sour cream but sure did enjoy my dinner. Thank you for sharing Phil! Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Spring 2014.
I've been making this for years now. I add some sliced smoked sausage or kielbasi with the onions, quarter up a whole head of cabbadge and add some granulated chicken bouillon. excellent recipe