Easy Skillet Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Ready In:
- Cook the bacon in large skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan with the bacon grease. Add the cabbage, stirring well to coat the cabbage in fat.
- Add about 1/3 cup water, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cover pan with a lid, and cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the bacon into small pieces and cut the thinly sliced deli corned beef into strips.
- Remove the lid from the pot, and scatter corned beef and chopped bacon over top of the cabbage. Cover and cook until desired doneness.
- I personally like a little bit of crunch left to the cabbage.
- You can serve this with your favorite mashed, baked or boiled potatoes as a side dish. I like to served steamed carrots with this too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've lived in New York my entire life and I'm married to my hubby Brian for over 40 years. We have 3 grown children, our dogs and cats to fill our lives and our home. In the mundane world I work for a pharmaceutical company. The cooking fun starts once I get home (don't care to do fast foods) coming up with quick easy meals and making more involved recipes on the weekends. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes and flavors for my family. I could sit for hours just researching recipes and coming up with ideas. My other hobbies are coloring & decorative painting, making craft items, a bit of sewing, a bit of crocheting.