Corned Beef and Cabbage (Crock Pot)
Here is an easy way to fix your Corned Beef and Cabbage, in the Crock pot! I found this recipe in The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- 3 lbs corned beef brisket (with spices)
- 8 small white potatoes or 8 small yellow potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 1 head cabbage, cored and cut into 10 wedges (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 -5 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine the water vinegar, sugar, pepper and onions, in a 6 qt crock pot and mix well.
- Place corned beef and contents of spice packet in the mixture.
- Scatter the potatoes and carrots over the top and along the sides.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and scatter the cabbage wedges over the top.
- Cover and continue cooking on low 3-4 hours longer, or until beef is tender.
- To serve, carve the beef into slices against the grain and serve with the cabbage and potatoes, with some of the cooking liquid spooned on top of the beef to keep it moist.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was absolutely delicious! I quartered several onions (not just 1). I peeled and quartered the potatoes lengthwise and I peeled the carrots, cut them in half and then cut the thinker en in half lengthwise. I only used about 6 carrots but wished I doubled that because I love cooked carrots. I also added a little salt and garlic powder on top of all of the ingredients except for the cabbage. I did not add the cabbage until about after the first 4 hours. The corned beef just melts in your mouth! I am definitely cooking it this way again!
I tried this recipe exactly as written. It did not come out well at all. I had to take the vegetables out of the crock pot and boil them. I turned the heat down on the crock pot for the last 3 to 4 hours and the vegetables just didn't cook well at all. I don't recommend this recipe. Sorry, it just ruined my meal.