Polish Pasta and Cabbage
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, peeled chopped or thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until transparent.
- Add the cabbage and saute for 5 minutes (or until tender).
- Stir in the caraway seeds (optional), salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in salted water as directed on package.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain well.
- Stir the noodles into the onion/cabbage and add the sour cream.
- Cook five minutes longer (until heated through), stirring frequently.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So simple but so good! I had a head of cabbage that needed to be used, and remembered a dish that a friend used to make, handed down from her family. I looked up a recipe here on Recipezaar, and found this one. Not the healthiest dish in the world, but easy and good. This recipe followed to the letter will result in a perfect dish. I served with sausage.