Recipe by pat Freeman
This came from Quick Cooking and all four of my kids love it. Not very time consuming and delicious.
Top Review by SarahJ83
This is a wonderfully quick easy recipe. My Hubby has made it a new favorite. I often use some salsa and only half as much tomato sauce, but either way it's a beautiful dish that makes up in a hurry.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is not pink; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent roll dough into triangles; place into a greased 9-inch pie plate with points toward the center.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides to make a crust; seal the edges.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of chips over crust.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Carefully spread sour cream over meat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and the rest of the chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.