Black Bean and Cheese Tortilla Pie
Yummy Mexican flavors in this hearty meatless pie!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie crusts (Pillsbury All Ready, 2 crusts per package)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 small jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Chop the onion and green pepper. Seed and mince the jalapeno peppers. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until tender. Add beans, salsa, jalapenos, chili powder, and cayenne. Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Line a 9 or 10 inch pie pan with one of the crusts. Spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture into crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar. Top with 1 tortilla.
- Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with second pie crust. Seal and flute edges. Cut 2 or 3 slits in the top crust to vent steam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very good. I used about half the bean liquid since the recipe doesn't say whether to use it or not. It came out good; it maybe could have used the other half as well. I removed one of the layers (and one tortilla) because it seemed like the layers would have been too thin. We really enjoyed this.1Reply
see 1 more