photo by Dale Talde
- Ready In:
- Basic Massoni Pizza Base pizza dough
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 plums or 1 beefsteak tomato, cut in half
- 1⁄2 red onion, rough chopped (big pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves, destemmed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, rough chopped (big pieces)
- 1 chipotle chile, and a bit of the adobo (can find in most stores)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup dried black beans, (a can will do just fine, though at Massoni we make from scratch)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese sauce, see sub recipe
- 1 ounce jalapeno pepper, or serrano Peabody’s Pickles brand
- 4 ounces guacamole, optional (but highly suggested)
- 1 ear of corn, off the cobb
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese
- Cotija cheese, for garnish
- Char onion, tomato, garlic and red pepper. Don’t be afraid to burn a little bit. (a little bit).
- Place vegetable mixture in a pan with the chicken breast. Add the chipotle, cover with foil and slow cook in the oven – 325 till chicken is tender about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow chicken a few minutes to cool off. Remove and pull into decent sized pieces – to your liking.
- In a blender puree the vegetable mixture and cilantro till smooth then marinade.
- This is also just a great technique to make some flavorful chicken. Serve with rice and or a simple salad.
For the beans:
- Soak the beans overnight or at least 3 hours till doubled in size.
- strain off old water and cover with fresh water. Add some garlic, the other half of the onion and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and let simmer till beans are tender and creamy.
- season with kosher salt. – your liking.
For the cheese sauce:
- Bring 1 cup of heavy cream to a slow boil.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup of shredded Velveeta.
- Add 4 oz pickling solution from Peabody’s pickles.
- keep warm.
- Also, just a great dip for bread or chips. Fun for everyone!
- Ok Guys! Ready for this super fun Pie?.
- Here it goes. We’re going to make a pizza and treat it like a plate of nachos. WOW!
- The sub recipes are wonderful and versatile. This is how we do it at Massoni but who’s to tell you what you want on your nacho pie?.
- Take a cheesed pizza. Place a bit of the chipotle chicken, corn and black beans all over.
- bake pizza and top with the nachos, cheese sauce and pickle chilis. You could officially smother the pie in the sauce.
- sprinkle the cotija over and serve with guacamole and fresh lime. Say goodbye to summer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Dale Talde?s passion for cooking began at a young age in his native Chicago where he learned to prepare meals alongside his mother in the kitchen. The proud son of Filipino immigrants, he grew up immersed in his family?s cultural heritage, while also enjoying the life of a typical American kid. Dale applies this distinct Asian-American experience to the menu of his eponymous restaurant, TALDE, which first opened in Brooklyn?s Park Slope neighborhood in 2012. TALDE now has a second location in Jersey City, NJ. Dale and his partners at Three Kings Restaurant Group (TKRG), David Massoni and John Bush, opened ?Italian-ish? Massoni in the Arlo NoMad Hotel in November 2016. In summer 2017, the team opened rooftop bars The Heights (Arlo NoMad Hotel) and The Crown (Hotel 50 Bowery) and internationally influenced restaurant Rice & Gold at Hotel 50 Bowery in New York City?s Chinatown.