Acorn Squash Sticky Rice Stuffing
- Ready In:
- 4 cups sticky rice, soaked overnight
- 1 acorn squash, halved, seeds removed
- kosher salt and fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1⁄2 cup seafood sauce (xo sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, plus more for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain soaked sticky rice and tie in a bundle in cheese cloth. In a large pot, steam rice 12 minutes. Remove from pot and allow to cool before removing from cheesecloth.
- Meanwhile, slice acorn squash into 2” chunks. Arrange on a half sheet tray. Drizzle with vegetable oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then transfer to oven and roast until tender and golden, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While squash is roasting, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add scallion whites to skillet and cook just until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Add cooled rice and stir to coat completely. .
- Add xo sauce to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring until thoroughly combined. Add ½ Cup of water to pan and cook, stirring constantly, until water has evaporated and rice has loosened. .
- Stir in tamari, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until rice is golden and crispy in places, 3-4 minutes more. Add roasted squash and half of scallion greens to skillet and toss together, along with sesame oil. .
- Transfer to serving dish, then drizzle with additional sesame oil, garnish with remaining scallion greens, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!