Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favorite dinners growing up. Pure comfort food. We always had this served over rice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef, onion, and mushrooms in medium skillet.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Incorporate soup into beef mixture, add sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Super easy to make and very tasty!!
Don't you love comfort food season! I needed to reduce the fat and this fit beautifully into an increasingly vegetarian. I used a pound of veggie "Ground Round" and replaced the sour cream with fat free plain yogurt. These 2 swaps provided a very hearty sized dinner with under 5 grams of fat in total and tasted wonderful. Plain steamed Jasmine rice was the ideal with it. Oh yes, and I used some fresh minced garlic for the powder. Thanks KelBel for a keeper recipe.
Simple and tasty. This has become a favorite in my house. My roommates and I love garlic, so I use a clove of fresh garlic in place of the garlic powder. I also serve it over egg noodles instead of rice.