Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have tried several different versions of this recipe, but this is my favorite. I think the caraway and celery seed is what makes the difference. The recipe is from Taste of Home magazine and is credited to Karen Gorman.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, brown sugar, caraway and celery seeds; set aside.
- Place cabbage and onion in a saucepan; add a small amount of water.
- Cover and steam until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar mixture and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
sooo good...have made this dish many times
This was very good and simple to make. The whole spices really stand out.