Recipe by GrammyLee Butler
This is the roast my family loves. VERY tender and YumMY! I like to marinate it overnight, but it doesn't have to be. Two hours would be enough. Hope you enjoy as much as my sweet family does. :o)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made the recipe pretty much as given, with the roast being a bit more than 4 pounds! I'm not that big on using coffee in anything, but then, the roast was part of my one-time contribution to a local group that helps feed the homeless! AND, my very eager other half's taste-test let me know that it should have been made for right here at home! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 4 -5 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 10 baby carrots
- 6 small potatoes
- 2 small onions
- 3 stalks celery
- 8 ounces brewed coffee
- 4 ounces Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- garlic, taste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (dissolved in 1/2 c. hot water)
- 1⁄4 cup Dale's Steak Seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 8 ounces canned tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR MARINATING: place roast in ziploc bag. Pour marinade ingredients over it. Place in refrig. 8-24 hours, turning once. Remove roast from bag. Save marinade.
- Flour roast and heat in oil just til sides are brown.
- Place in large pan.
- Put cut carrots, potatoes, onions and celery around roast.
- Pour marinade over roast and vegs., reserving 1 cup.
- Add flour to 1 cup of marinade, stir til mixed well, and pour over roast. Cover with aluminum foil.
- bake at 325 for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. YUM!
- May serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, or salad.