Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Saw this in one of my cookbooks, looks interesting, and posting for future use.
Make and share this Mustard Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 lb low-fat cheese, shredded
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and sliced
- Saute onion in butter in a skillet. Add mustard, salt, pepper, milk, and cheese.
- Place potatoes in a slow cooker.
- DO NOT press down.
- Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Toss potatoes with a large spoon when ready to serve.
These were great potatoes. Loved that the sauce was not thin/soupy and had a good amount of cheese. Would be good with some diced ham or smoked sausage mixed in for a one-pot meal. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Great twist on Au Gratin Potatoes! We loved the hint of mustard and that like most Au Gratin Potatoes there is no added flour. I could the potatoes the night before and then put in the crock pot for 4 hours and it worked out perfectly. I set aside some for my lunch and a photo but when I went to fix my plate for photographing and eating, found that DH had helped himself it Errrr. Guess that means he liked them LOL. Thanks for the post.