Steak and Mustard Cream Potatoes
From Super Food Ideas July 2008. Sounds delicious and the photo had me drooling. Don't know when I will get the chance to try it, so times are estimates. Will post any changes when I do.
- Ready In:
- 600 g baby potatoes (we call then chats)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 170 g shortcut bacon (rindless thinly sliced in strips)
- 1 garlic clove (thinly sliced)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 (200 g) rump steak
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, cool slightly.
- Transfer potatoes to a chopping board and using your palm gently press potatoes to flatten slightly.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add bacon and cook stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Add garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Transfer bacon and garlic to a large bowl.
- Return fry pan to a medium-high heat.
- Spray both sides of steak with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking and then transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sour cream, mustard, chives and lemon juice to bacon mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Serve steaks with potato mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more