Mustard Potatoes With Spinach
A really good side dish to go with a steak.
- Ready In:
- 30 g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 kg of baby new potato, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 325 g english spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Heat butter in a large pan and add the onion and cook stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add potatoes, garlic, stock and mustard and simmer covered for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add cream and spinach, simmer covered until spinach is wilted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Excellent! I had expected the mustard and garlic to dominate the dish. Instead they became part of a wonderful, subtle sauce that brought out the flavor of the baby potatoes. The potatoes and briefly cooked spinach were the starring flavors. I made 1/2 the recipe as directed and served it with BBQ grilled lamb chops and a simple lettuce, tomato and mayo salad. Thanks Latchy, this recipe goes into my special "book of tricks".