Prep 1 hr
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe is from my great-great grandmother's cookbook. They are delicious on their own or in a ham sandwich!
- 6 cups cucumbers
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1 cup coarse salt
- 8 cups cold water
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 5 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 cup flour
- Put cut vegetables into large kettle. Add salt and cover with water. Let stand 24 hours. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Mix mustard, turmeric, and flour with enough water to make a paste.
- Stir in sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put mixture into jars and seal.