Top Review by breezermom
This is the first chicken crusted with cornflakes that I could give 5 stars to! Everyone eating tonight loved it. I doubled the recipe, but decreased the amount of mustard by 1/2 (after doubling) because of children's preferences. I don't think I really needed to double the sour cream/mustard sauce, as I ended up throwing most of that away. I also decreased the amount of thyme, but mine was fresh dried from the garden! The taste was yummy!!! I will definitely make this recipe again. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (fat free is okay)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (cut into portions)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes (finely crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sour cream and mustards in a small bowl.
- In second bowl, combine: cornflake crumbs, thyme,salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces in cream mustard mixture.
- Roll chicken in crumb mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in a single layer on a large baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour or until juices run clear.