Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a US spin off of Izzy Knight's Mustard Baked Creme Chicken. We loved Izzy's Mustard Chicken so much, that I decided to improvise as well as convert to US measurments. Enjoy..
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (fat free is okay)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (cut into portions)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes (finely crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Combine sour cream and mustards in a small bowl.
- In second bowl, combine: cornflake crumbs, thyme,salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces in cream mustard mixture.
- Roll chicken in crumb mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in a single layer on a large baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour or until juices run clear.
This is the first chicken crusted with cornflakes that I could give 5 stars to! Everyone eating tonight loved it. I doubled the recipe, but decreased the amount of mustard by 1/2 (after doubling) because of children's preferences. I don't think I really needed to double the sour cream/mustard sauce, as I ended up throwing most of that away. I also decreased the amount of thyme, but mine was fresh dried from the garden! The taste was yummy!!! I will definitely make this recipe again. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
Finally, a cornflake chicken recipe with real flavor! We always loved the crunch factor, but the taste was lacking something. I omitted the yellow mustard & used 3 Tbsp. Dijon. Then I let the chicken stand 10 mins. before rolling in crumbs. Very tasty!
Awesome recipe!! We used breadcrumbs, not having corn flakes. Also, substituting Basil for dried thyme. It was excellent! Anetka, and her mom fix the absolute best schnitzel in the world, but this recipe might be in there not too far behind. I can't wait to fix it again. Thanks!