1/1 Photo of Mushroom Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Fresh Mushrooms, Rice (White, Brown or wild) OR Barley whichever you like baked into a great little side dish, with cottage cheese and sour cream for the creaminess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped I use Baby Bellas
- 1 large onion, well chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 3 cups rice, white, brown or 3 cups wild rice, cooked and cooled to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, Divided
- thyme or tarragon
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Spread butter or olive oil evenly into a 9x13 baking pan.
- 3In a large skillet over medium-high heat saute the mushrooms in olive oil adding a bit of salt to the mix. Saute so until the mushrooms have released their liquid and have browned a bit.
- 4Add the onions and cook for another 4 or 5 minutes or until they are translucent.
- 5Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from heat.
- 6Add the cooked rice to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- 7In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, and salt.
- 8Combine the rice mixture and cottage cheese mixture in a large bowl, stir until well combined and then turn out into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 2/3 of the Parmesan cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and bake for another 20 or 30 minutes until and golden brown along the edges. Sprinkle with chopped Thyme or Tarragon, and the remaining Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 343.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g