Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
this makes alot of very yummy soup. i ate it all up in several days but it would probably freeze well too.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup instant brown rice
- 2 cups water
- cook onion with nonfat cooking spray.
- add mushrooms and carrots and cook for 8-10 minute.
- add broth, rice, garlic, and seasonings,and 2 cups of water.
- cover and heat to boiling over high heat.
- reduce to medium, cook partially covered for 5 min or until rice is tender.
dee-lish.. i added red wine vinegar and used long grain brown rice and simmered it for a while. i also blended 1/2 the soup.. i will make this again.. very tasty
Very good and easy to make. I admit I threw in a couple of changes because of what I had on hand. I deglazed with a bit of sauvignon blanc and used 2/3 chicken broth and 1/3 beef broth. Yummy.
This is great soup! Love the mushrooms!