1/6 Photos of Mushroom Appetizers
1 hr 5 mins
A great appetizer, tasty. A nice blend of flavors You may make the mushroom fill ahead and freeze it. I usually split it into 4 bags so I can make only a dozen at a time. Thaw from frozen and continue to make the bread nappies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped finely
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- 12 slices square bread, crusts removed (white or whole wheat, I prefer the whole wheat)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 slices Kraft processed cheese slices
- 1Melt butter in a large fry pan and add the onions and mushrooms, Saute until soft.
- 2Add Mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, egg,salt& pepper, cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- 3Roll each crustless slice of bread to flatten it, butter each piece and cut each slice into 4 square pieces.
- 4Press bread pieces, the buttered side down, into a tiny muffin tins.
- 5Fill with mushroom mixture (about 1 1/2 tsp to each tartlet).
- 6Cut the 3 cheese slices into 16 pieces so you will have 48 pieces and put a piece on top of each tartlet.
- 7Bake in 350f oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (969 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g