A great appetizer, tasty. A nice blend of flavors You may make the mushroom fill ahead and freeze it. I usually split it into 4 bags so I can make only a dozen at a time. Thaw from frozen and continue to make the bread nappies.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped finely
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- 12 slices square bread, crusts removed (white or whole wheat, I prefer the whole wheat)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 slices Kraft processed cheese slices
- Melt butter in a large fry pan and add the onions and mushrooms, Saute until soft.
- Add Mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, egg,salt& pepper, cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Roll each crustless slice of bread to flatten it, butter each piece and cut each slice into 4 square pieces.
- Press bread pieces, the buttered side down, into a tiny muffin tins.
- Fill with mushroom mixture (about 1 1/2 tsp to each tartlet).
- Cut the 3 cheese slices into 16 pieces so you will have 48 pieces and put a piece on top of each tartlet.
- Bake in 350f oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Made this for the Superbowl party. They were gone in 5 minutes. Never got a chance to try it, but my guests said they were terrific. I'll just have to make them again.
Everyone loved this at book club so much so I had to forward the recipe ! Delicious and easy... will make again!
Wow, these were really good and easy/simple to make. I used green onion because that was on hand. Will make again.