Mushroom Kabob Appetizers
A nice low-sodium appetizer if you have a grill. Use more thyme if you like; I particularly like thyme but other herbs could be substituted. Serve the mushrooms by themselves or with some of the marinade as dipping sauce. Cooking time is marination time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt or 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 lb large button mushroom
- Combine marinade ingredients and marinate mushrooms at least an hour.
- String mushrooms on skewers and grill, basting with marinade, until lightly browned.
- Remove from skewers and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
You and I must love the same flavor profiles. I believe your Lebanese salad was the first thing I ever rated. It has become a staple at my house, and so will those mushrooms. I wish I discovered this recipe at the beginning of the summer, because I don't think I can get enough of it before the grilling season ends.