Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Based on a recipe from Michelle Garner’s cookbook, Quick French Cuisine. I’ve been making these appetizers for years and they are always a smash hit. I hope they are for you, too!
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced or 1 tablespoon green onion, minced white part only
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, any combination of dill, basil, tarragon, oregano
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cream cheese (garlic and herb)
- 0.5 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg (for egg wash, mix with 1 tablespoon water)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large skillet, sauté shallot or onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and lemon juice to skillet and cook until mushrooms are soft and juices have absorbed.
- Add herbs, mix well and set aside to cool.
- Add cream cheese to cooled mushrooms and mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Roll out puff pastry to 10x12-inch rectangle.
- Spread filling over pastry.
- Cut pastry into fifteen 2x4-inch rectangles.
- Roll up each rectangle and brush with egg wash.
- Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
These were very good, and probably would have been better if I had been able to find all the necessary ingredients, but still liked them. I had to substitute breadstick dough for puff pastry as my store was out. They also did not have any cream cheese with garlic and herb, so just made my own.
Love these! And they were soooo easy to make! I'm going to be making these again for Christmas! May cut them smaller for bite sized though
GREAT TASTE !! EASY. We loved thwem. The flavor was incredible. Did not change anything in recipe. This is something I have never tried, but a definate try again now. Made for Potluck tag.