1/2 Photos of Mushroom and Herb Rolls
Based on a recipe from Michelle Garner’s cookbook, Quick French Cuisine. I’ve been making these appetizers for years and they are always a smash hit. I hope they are for you, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced or 1 tablespoon green onion, minced white part only
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, any combination of dill, basil, tarragon, oregano
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cream cheese (garlic and herb)
- 0.5 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg (for egg wash, mix with 1 tablespoon water)
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In large skillet, sauté shallot or onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms and lemon juice to skillet and cook until mushrooms are soft and juices have absorbed.
- 4Add herbs, mix well and set aside to cool.
- 5Add cream cheese to cooled mushrooms and mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 6Roll out puff pastry to 10x12-inch rectangle.
- 7Spread filling over pastry.
- 8Cut pastry into fifteen 2x4-inch rectangles.
- 9Roll up each rectangle and brush with egg wash.
- 10Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet.
- 11Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Herb Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.6
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 265.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: