Cook1 hr 15 mins
My mom used to make this often when we were growing up. We all loved it for dinner and for sandwiches with leftovers the next day - if there were any leftovers!
- Blend soup, water and oregano in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup soup mixture, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, egg and ground beef. Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from oven and spoon fat from pan. Pour remaining soup mixture over meatloaf. Top with cheese slices. Return to the oven and bake for 5-8 more minutes, until cheese begins to melt.