Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe originated with Guy Fieri. Has nearly everything in it, but the kitchen sink, a meal in itself. I substitute rice for the orzon, as it is gluten-free. The two hours is not cooking time, but marinating time.
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive juice, from can
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup green olives
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, diced (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dice celery
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 3 cups cooked orzo pasta (I use rice)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 8 -10 bibb lettuce cups (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup roma tomato, diced
- Put the first 8 ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until well chopped, but not pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining vegetables and olives, cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator and allow the flavors to marry for 2 to 4 hours.
- Add the cooked orzo (or substitute cooked rice) to the marinated vegetables, toss, then add feta cheese and toss again.
- Serve in Bibb lettuce cups and top with tomatoes.