Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
When baking your favorite muffins a sprinkling of one of these simple to make toppings makes for a nice touch. Well worth the few extra minutes it takes to prepare. If you only sprinkle half it will appear that you have made up two kinds of muffins...adding variety to your serving tray.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped very fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I like using brown..but white works too)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
SUGAR AND CINNAMON TOPPING
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use white)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- NUT TOPPING.
- IN BOWL: Add and mix together 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, sprinkle on muffins just before putting muffins in to bake.
- STREUSEL TOPPING.
- IN BOWL: add and mix together 1/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 2 tablespoons butter, sprinkle on muffins just before baking.
- SUGAR AND CINNAMON TOPPING.
- IN SMALL BOWL: add and mix 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle on top of muffins before putting muffins in the oven to bake.
So convenient! Made the streusal and sugar cinnamon topping for the muffin I had. Would definitely try it again since it's so easy and yet so good! Next time I'll try it with walnuts too. Thanks, Gerry!
Made a variety of muffins using these muffin toppings. They looked great and taste so good. .Having this recipe handy rather than trying to guess the amounts of ingredients on my own was so useful. This recipe will be with my muffin recipes. Thanks Gerry for taking the time to post another wonderful recipe.
I used the struesal topping on recipe #255789 for a nice extra flavoring. Can't wait to make muffins and use the nut and sugar cinnamon topping as well. Thanks Gerry for posting this recipe !