Norsk Apple Muffins
photo by CulinaryQueen
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 medium apple, cored,peeled,finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in eggs and lemon peel.
- Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in flour mixture by hand just until moistened.
- Gently stir in apples.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin pans.
- Sprinkle sugar and almonds evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe will be going into my "Coffee and Friends" cookbook, which is filled with never-fail, delicious baked goods to serve company. I followed the recipe exactly, and the muffins turned out perfect. The texture is like moist cake, and the lemon and apple flavors are both present without overpowering eachother. Everyone loved them. Thank you!
Doubled this recipe at my school cookery club and the childen loved them. Recipe was as always very easy to follow, result was a flavoursome muffin with a portion of fruit...ideal for the children's snack. We made them totally by hand as we didn't have a mixer. We managed to get 9 large muffins out of one batch. Thanks Marie Edited to say: I forgot to mention we didn't have any butter so we had to used vegetable oil and they were still fantastic