Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthful, quick and tasty breakfast
- Mix together first three ingredients the evening before. Add honey to suit your taste.
- In the morning add raisins and fruit of your choice; sliced, chopped or whole.
- Suggestions: bananas with blueberries or peaches and strawberries.
- Add more cream if needed.
- Recipe can be multiplied.
Rating oatmeal a 5 star review is a no-brainer for me as I have oatmeal most mornings. There's absolutely nothing more filling and just plain good-for-you. Used a dried berry combination as a throw-in. And, skim milk for a little more liquid. Thanks Liz! Tagged and made for 123 HitWonders 08'
I don't wish to be a party pooper and give this only a rating of 3 stars, but I can hardly see it as a healthy start to the day when it uses cream. Also, 1/2 cup oatmeal per person does seem to be a lot! I used 1/3 cup rolled oats and 3/4 cup milk, added some cinnamon and a whole fresh apple. I think this recipe is a good base to work on :)