I want to thank TheDancingCook and Pamela in Winnipeg for inspiring this recipe. However I had to create a version that would work for me. Its great as a main dish, but light enough to use as a side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower (mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes (mashed)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups peas
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (ground)
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces yolk-free wide egg noodles (dry weight)
- 1Note: You can add four cups of any veggies you have on hand.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 4In a very large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the noodles.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Grease a 9 X 13 X 4 inch pan.
- 7When noodles are done drain them and place half of the noodles on the bottom of the pan.
- 8Spread the mashed mixture evenly over the noodles.
- 9Spread the rest of the noodles on top of the mashed mixture.
- 10Pop in the oven for 30 minutes, then enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for More Veggy, Less-Guilt Pierogi Bake
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 650.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yolk-free wide egg noodles