Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
The crust of this dessert is like an eclair. It's get the moon cake name from how the crust bakes - bumpy and has crators in it. This dessert gets lots of compliments.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- hershey chocolate syrup
- Mix water and butter in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add flour all at once.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Beat good.
- Spread on ungreased jelly roll pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 and 15 minutes more at 325.
- Cool, don't peck.
- Topping: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix pudding and milk.
- Gradually beat into the cream cheese.
- Pour on top of crust.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
To die for! This is so easy and delicious. I often substiute other puddings like banana, chocolate, coconut cream, etc.
I love this recipe! My mother made it when I was a child & when I lost her to cancer 16 yrs ago, the recipe went as well. I was searching for it last week & found it here! I am very excited to make it & share with my co workers & family. Thank you for sharing a wonderful recipe!!!!