Midnight Moon Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 23 chocolate wafers (reserve 3 wafers for the bat wings)
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Twix candy bar, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted 2/3 cup chopped MILKY WAY Bars
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 3 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- yellow food coloring
- 3 m&m's brand peanut butter chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 325°F Prepare the baking pan. Line the bottom of an 8-inch round spring form pan with heavy-duty foil. Grease the pan’s sides and bottom. Wrap foil around the outside of the pan; set aside.
- Process 20 chocolate wafers, 2 tablespoons of sugar and TWIX® Cookie Bars in a food processor fitted with a metal blade until finely ground. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. Press the mixture evenly around the bottom of the prepared pan. Place that pan into a larger pan, such as a shallow roasting pan. Set aside.
- Prepare the batter by heating MILKY WAY® Bars and milk in a microwave until melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Divide the batter between two mixing bowls. In one bowl, add cocoa powder and the chocolate mixture; stir until blended. Pour chocolate batter into the bottom of the prepared cake pan. Tint the remaining bowl of batter yellow. Gently spoon this yellow batter on top of the chocolate layer, covering it completely.
- Before baking, create a water bath to keep the top of the cheesecake from badly cracking. Carefully pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the cheesecake sets with a 2-inch jiggly circle in the center. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake remain inside for 30 minutes with the door ajar. At this time, remove the roasting pan to a wire rack, and allow the cheesecake to cool in the water bath until it lowers to room temperature. Remove the cheesecake pan from the water bath and loosely cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting into wedges.
- To unmold the cake, gently run a small knife around the pan’s edges; loosen the hinge, and remove the cake. Place on a serving platter.
- To make the bats, cut the 3 reserved cookie wafers in half. Either leave the edges jagged or, using a small cookie cutter, press out a scalloped edge. Arrange pairs of the cookie halves close together to resemble bat wings, pressing the inside tips slightly into the top of the cake. Place black M&M’S® Brand Peanut Butter Chocolate Candies in between for the bats’ bodies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION